Disclaimer – This post contains VIPPI – Very Important and Personal Pieces of Information. Pursue reading at your own risk.
Today is my birthday. I just turned thirty-one and I feel totally at peace with that number. I was wondering how I would feel yesterday. The answer is I feel just as fantastic as I did then. I have not reached all the goals I am aiming at – not yet – but that leaves me with plenty of challenges to make my way up to and that is just grand!
Here are a few of the wishes I yearn to fulfill through the course of my life on Earth.
- I want to learn, know and share more. I want to read and write stories, short, long, real, fiction, fantasy, poems – every thought worth exploring I want to learn from or share with the world. I have started doing my part. I have outlined and begun over 5 novels and not finished one yet, because my mind keeps creating new story lines that I do not want to miss up on. So yeah – here is a goal for next year, I will focus on one and see it through.
- I wanted to become visible at my own pace, so I endeavored to create a blog. I ended up creating two. There are this very personal one – Diary of a Single Thirty Something – and a creative writing platform – Mug’s Tale. Both of them still need to grow and find all their potential audience. I am sure they will rise up in time as they are nurtured and cherished by me and, as far as Mug’s tale is concerned, by its co-founders and authors – whose numbers you guys can grow anytime if you wish to, by the way. In the meantime, Mug’s Tale is a writing haven for me, and the rest of our team. Our writing workshops offer weekly challenges that make us grow both as humans and writers – exploring our worlds and discovering those of others.
- I want to learn how to play and create music. I have not mastered playing the guitar yet, but I am practicing very regularly – almost every day – and I have made so much progress in such a short time that I can only be proud. I am even coming up with creative patterns of rhythm and sounds. I am hooked. Each time I pick up my instrument, I feel like my heart is on fire – it is an overwhelming, embracing feeling, much like a devouring cuddle, you should try it. Creating music rocks!
- I wanted to get a fantastic job and I have one – one that makes me grow as a person every single day. I am teaching beautiful and endearing, yet challenging kids in junior high school, in priority education. My students and my colleagues are the highlights of my days. They give me so much. I just hope I can return the favor in providing a quality teaching they will appreciate.
- I am looking forward to building new projects as I go, on my own, or with my family, friends and colleagues – future ones count too. I have a book that is getting filled with them and the pages keep growing in numbers.
- I want to stay healthy and nurture my body as I do my soul. Running and swimming are my go to activities. I love the great outdoors and I will try rowing (or sailing) again next year as I broke my hand this year and had to give it up after two gorgeous months of intense exercising on lake Geneva.
- I want to travel some more, explore this magnificent home we share. Its diversity will never cease to amaze me. I know I will never spare enough time to visit it all, but I will go wherever my friendships, opportunities and wishes take me.
- I have an amazing family whose numbers are growing. This year I have become the proud and blessed auntie of an adorable little girl. I love my family so much that I never miss an opportunity to journey to them and rejoice in their wonderful company.
- This year and all the years I have been blessed with on our gorgeous planet, I have met fantastic friends – where I currently reside, in Haute Savoie, France, and all over the world, wherever my travels have been taking me. I am looking forward to crossing paths with many more amazing souls. I love you guys and keeping touch with my amazing friends is a priceless gift.
- Last, but definitely not least – I consider this last one to be the cherry on an already very tasty cake – I want to find a partner in life. I want to be perfectly happy and meet a man I admire and feel irresistibly attracted to, and who thinks the world of me in return. If I do not I am ready to accept a single life of creativity and platonic love. I prefer that to a union of circumstances. I have waited a long time already, seeing couples fold and unfold around me. I am not settling any time soon. I will be creating a house of happiness under the skies, when I meet my very special someone. If that doesn’t happen, I will just have plenty of time to write a whole lot more.
I have not reached all of my aims, yet I don’t have any negative feelings about this delay in accomplishments. I am leading a very busy and full life, which I have created for myself and enjoy to bits as it fits my needs and personality.
Life has brought me so much more than it has taken from me.
I trust in my future and know that all or most of the goals I am setting for myself will be answered properly in time. Meanwhile it gives me so much to fill my days with that I can only feel stoked about it.